RSS

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

TAG Heuer SLR Chronograph


 
This cake was ordered by one of NCC members, Diba, for her husband's surprise birthday gift. Diba wanted a watch cake as her husband is a collector of watches. Type the watch chosen by Diba was Tag Heuer SLR Merzedes Bens Limited Edition. After browsing the clue and found some pictures, I fell in love with this model:


The problem was about how to make the details. I suddenly  remembered the Royal Icing. I used the Wilton recipe as follows;
3 tablespoons meringue powder
1 lb. (4 cups) sifted confectioners' sugar
6 tablespoons warm water.

Beat all ingredients until icing forms peaks (7-10 minutes at low speed with a heavy-duty mixer, 10-12 minutes at high speed with a hand-held mixer).

I made only 1/3 of recipe.


All the details of watch were handmade because there was no alphabet cutter  with such a small size. The Base cake used was vanilla cake with some cheddar blocks. Diameter of cake (body of watch) was 22 cm.


After the cake was finished I realized that this type that I made was not a Tag Heuer SLR Merzedes Bens Limited Edition as Diba wanted, but a Tag Heuer SLR Chronograph. Fortunately, Diba was such a kind and forgiving person. She said that her husband was very pleased to receive this cake. Lucky me...^_*.

No comments: